Private key and Security
If you don’t know or don’t own a private wallet key — You don’t own cryptocurrency. Access to the wallet should be without intermediaries.
To increase the security of your wallet, we recommend that you do not log in using a private key without the need to complete a transaction. You can also sign in using the wallet address to view the balance and transaction history.
The safest way to store a private key is to store it in a cropped form, and keep the missing part in your head.
Imagine that this is your entire private key:
prizm opposite crimson both shower precious hopefully here keep trace barely many upset give image scream movement peaceful revealRemember last 2 words:prizm opposite crimson both shower precious hopefully here keep trace barely many upset give image scream movement peaceful revealDelete these 2 words — and store in this form on electronic media:prizm opposite crimson both shower precious hopefully here keep trace barely many upset give image scream movement(Don’t forget about SPACES between words — they are also part of the key)When you make a transaction, you will need to copy and paste the first part of the private key and add 2 words from memory, taking into account the spaces.
- Print the private key on paper, or write it by hand — put in a safe place, do not show the key to strangers.
- Make an electronic copy of the key on a flash card or hard drive.
- Store part of the key in notes with a password.
- Do not enter the wallet with a private key without the need to complete a transaction.
- Do not share your computer or phone with anyone else.
- Do not use public Wi-Fi in cafes, restaurants, subways.
- Observe hygiene of surfing on the Internet.
- Do not install pirated software on your computer.
- Set a complex password on your home Wi-Fi.
- Use an antivirus.
- Do not open electronic files in dubious emails or from strangers on the network.
- Use official Prizm software from developers.
Check the wallet address in the browser line so that you don’t get to the phishing site.
Turn on your head more often and everything will be fine.